686 Men’s team mitt review: want to look and feel like a pro? Well you can! The 686 team mitts were designed in collaboration by 686 team riders and they deliver the punch you want for your winter riding endeavors.
Mitt reviewed: 686 Men’s Team Mitt
Mitten Color and size: Solar, Medium (hand width 3.5 inches and length 8 inches)
Rider specs: 5’9″ 180 lbs
Review Date: October 2021 – January 2022 in Colorado
Intended Use: Snowboarding, Snow Sports
Retail Price: $60.00
Recommended for: Anyone looking for a warm and stylish mitten with good waterproofing that will keep your hands warm during most conditions through your winter riding missions.
Features & Tech from 686:
- Soundtouch™ Touchscreen Technology
- Movement Fit™ Hand Articulation
- Glove Connect Attachment Buckle
- Secure Strap Oversized Wrist Leash
- 3mm Comfort Foam Palm Insulation
- Shell: 2-Layer infiDRY® 10K Fabric + DWR
- Insert: infiDry® Waterproof/Breathable Glove Insert
- Insulation: infiLOFT® 360g Insulation
- Palm: DuraGrain™ Leather-Like PU Palm
- Lining: Merino Wool Blend + Finger Separation
- Gore tex insert Gore warming technology, keeps hads dry and warm longer.
- inifDRY insert: waterproof and breathable insert to provide extra waterproofing.
I’ve used these mittens from Zero to 40 degrees (fahrenheit), and they are some of the most comfortable and warm mittens I’ve ever worn. I appreciate the design of the wrist leash, which can be easily removed if you don’t like it. The sizing is accurate, and they can be worn over or under your jacket cuff. I’m usually not a fan of mittens with finger separation, however these have won me over.
The solar color is more of a reddish orange in person and it will stand out on the hill (like a ripe tomato!). These mittens are grippy, and you’ll have no problem reaching down and holding your board when you’re tweaking out that frontside air! I would highly recommend these mittens for winter riding!
If you are a fan of mittens, and are looking for a stylish and comfortable mitten for colder winter days, the 686 team mitts are a great option, by far one of the most comfortable and warm mittens I’ve used for the price point. I highly recommend the 686 team mitts!
- Easy to pull on or off over your hands
- Finger Separation works well in these mittens
- Can be worn under or over the jacket cuff