The Arbor Shiloh Rocker isn’t just a freerider, it’s an all over the mountain driver!
The Arbor Shiloh Rocker 2020 is not just your average mountain twin snowboard, it can rip the whole mountain and easily become your go to ride for an all mountain slaying machine that will deliver top performance on every style of terrain, from powder to park. It’s a versatile weapon.
Snowboard Tested and Rider Specs:
- Arbor Shiloh Rocker 2019-2020 (Mountain Twin)
- Arbor Shiloh Rocker Size: 156cm (waist width 25.1cm)
- MSRP: $499
- Bindings: Arbor Hemlock (medium/large)
- Boots: Adidas Tactical ADV size 9
- Stance: approximately 22.5″
- Rider Height: 5’9″
- Rider Weight: 180
Conditions/Terrain Tested: Groomers, park, steeps, some moguls, and l’il bit of pow.
Features from Arbor Snowboards:
- Carbonized Bamboo Powerply
- Bio-Plastic Topsheet – eliminates harmful petroleum-based plastics
- FSC Certified Double Barrel II Core – A progressive 1:2 Poplar to Paulownia blend with bamboo stringers running along the rails of the board for added torsional response and improved board control.
- Sintered CrossLink Base – Our new CrossLink base is a mid-density material that demonstrates increased speed and durability while maintaining the ease of repair.
- Biax Glassing – A biax over biax lay-up that’s designed for park and street inspired all-mountain riding. Also creates a good platform for learning.
- 2×4 14-Pack Inserts – Provide a wide stance range, while at the same time delivering critical micro adjustability.
- A 360 degree, fully wrapped sidewall that eliminates the need for tip fill, while effectively tying the whole snowboard together. A technology that delivers incredibly tight tolerances for improved board life and durability.
- Recycled Steel Edges
- New! Entropy Bio Resin – Starting with our 2020 line we are proud to announce that all Powerplys and R.A.P. Topless Tech veneers will be made with Entropy Bio-Resin, a replacement for traditional petroleum-based resin that doesn’t affect performance or usability. The ingredients that go into Entropy Bio-Resin are sourced as co-products or waste products of other industrial processes and are manufactured employing green chemistry techniques that reduce the carbon footprint of the material by up to 40% (when compared to its petroleum-based equivalent).
- Three Year Warranty
- Wend Natural Wax
- Factory Tuned– (Arbor detunes the tip and tail contact points on all of our snowboards for a catch-free ride before they leave the factory)
When I first saw the Arbor Shiloh Rocker at the Outdoor Retailer show in 2019, I was intrigued by the twin design with subtle 70’s style graphics on the topsheet and base. Arbor always does a great job of mixing subtle simplistic style into their designs and this board is a testament to that.
Arbor colaborated with Portland based Aaron James Draplin.
known for his utilitarian, intelligently simplistic style and countless design contributions to the world of snowboarding.arborcollective.com
It’s has a very distinct look, and it rides everything really well. It’s a true rocker profile so if you like the surfy feeling you get from riding a rocker snowboard, you should enjoy the Shiloh Rocker immensely. The Grip Tech (four added contact points for additional edge hold) provide great hold in icy conditions or when you need extra control while turning. It took me a few runs to get used to the feeling of the extra contact points, and after that I felt very confident on this board all over the mountain.
I rode the 156 Shiloh Rocker through most every condition I could find, except very deep pow, and it made me want to take it out more often every time, so much so I will recommend this as a daily driver if you prefer the feeling of a rocker snowboard. It’s forgiving and quick edge-to-edge which is the best of both worlds for a snowboard that can easily transition from powder to park laps.
I felt carving on this board was great too. I could make deep carves easily, drawn out, or quick carves are equally easy to perform on the Shiloh Rocker. It’s very stable at high speeds, I clocked in at around 55mph and felt very comfortable that I could go faster without hesitation. The 6″ of fresh snow I was able to ride was awesome on this board, you can float easily through pow and the rocker system makes this board very playful.
The Shiloh Rocker is a hit in the park ! It has good pop, and feels solid on landings and locks in well on rails (I still prefer camber on rails) and I felt very comfortable taking this board off of medium and larger size jumps.
The Arbor Shiloh Rocker is an incredibly fun snowboard that can do everything well all over the mountain, it can handle freeriding, powder and all mountain at your resort, and will rip it up in the park too. This board is for the intermediate to expert level rider, and it will easily become your daily driver if you like a ride that’s quick edge to edge yet still has a surfy feel.
- Sustainable Top End Construction
- Sintered Base (Fast and Strong)
- Quick edge to edge
- Stable in all conditions and at high speed
- Great for Carving
- Great pop
- Minimalistic Topsheet Graphics and base graphics
- Does everything from park to pow!
- Grip tech took a few runs to get used too with the rocker profile.
|(4.5 / 5)
|(4.9 / 5)
|(4.9 / 5)
|(4.7 / 5)