Helmet Reviewed: Jackson MIPS
Color: Matte Black Trashed & Thrashed
Size: Large (59-62.5cm)
Specs from Giro
- All-mountain, freeride helmet with MIPS technology
- Modern, aerodynamic profile keeps you up to speed
- Passive Aggressive Venting system keeps air flow constant
- Polartec Powergrid internal pads wick away sweat, fight odor
- In-mold polycarbonate with EPS absorbs impact from crashes
- Ear pads are removable for washing or ditching them on warm spring days
- In Form 2 Fit system allows you to dial in the perfect fit
- Seamless goggle compatibility for a gap-free fit with Giro goggles
Intended Use: Snowboarding, all snow sports, anyone looking for a lightweight helmet with superior MIPS protection for your brain.
Review Date and Location: November 2021 – February 2022 in Wyoming/Idaho
Chris and I have reviewed several Giro helmets and we are always impressed with their quality.
The Jackson MIPS helmet is another great helmet offering from Giro. It offers the superior protection of MIPS at a great price point and sleek style.
The Jackson helmet is lightweight and has a smaller profile than some helmets. It’s designed to be aerodynamic and provide airflow to allow you to dump heat. It also has vents built into the brim which help keep your goggles fog-free. The Jackson uses Giro’s Stack Vent Technology. This technology was developed based on research showing that goggle fogging is caused by warm air in the goggles center vent. Giro aligns their Stack Vent with the center vent to keep your goggles clear and fog-free. I really liked this feature as it allowed me to regulate heat/cold depending on temperatures or activity and is a great feature when touring.
For the liner of the helmet, Giro used Polartec® Power Grid™ Padding. The Polartec liner is designed to move moisture away from the skin and dry quickly. I tend to ride hot and it was nice to have the helmet seem to breathe and stay dry even when it was a little warmer. It also incorporates Silver Salt (Salt Chloride) to prevent bacteria and odor. The helmet fits great and I found the material to be very comfortable against my skin.
The Form 2 Fit dial on the back of the helmet allows for easy adjustment without taking your gloves off. This improved design allows for up to 6cm of adjustment and is sure to make a comfortable fit. They kept just enough consistency in their design to ensure a gap free fit with all Giro goggles.
The Giro Jackson MIPS helmet offers superior protection at a great price point. This helmet is incredibly lightweight and very comfortable, with a sleek design that is aerodynamic and stylish.
- Great ventilation
- Seamless compatibility with GIRO goggles
- Good compatibility with other brand goggles
- Polartec liner provides great warmth
- Fidlock® closure would be nice
|(4.3 / 5)
|(4.8 / 5)
|(4.8 / 5)
|(4.7 / 5)