Shred Amazify Double Lens CBL Sky Mirror (VLT 45%)
When engineering and top athletes combine forces you’ve got a winning combination. When Ted Ligety and Carlo Salmini met in 2005 they began a collaboration rooted in performance, style, and innovation that we’re stoked to see growing as strong as ever today. Shred Optics debuted in the Fall of 2006, a small simple line, with a few bright colorways that performed great and still had awesome style. To this day Shred Optics continues to push the performance level while looking stylish in their line of goggles, helmets, sunglasses, and accessories. Shred Optics and Slytech Protection are staying true to their commitment to innovation and pioneering new technologies to let you see clearly, push your limits and most importantly having fun.
- Available for Simplify and Amazify models
- LENS – High precision and impact protection Carved Cylindrical double lens /100% UVA-UVB-UVC protection
- MATERIAL – Polycarbonate, Acetate
- CONTRAST BOOSTING LENS – Shred’s CONTRAST BOOSTING LENS (CBL) technology allows better visibility in varying snow surfaces and light conditions.
- ANTI FOG – Shred’s inside lens features
a porouscellulose providing superior water shedding and a special anti fogtreatment for extremely long lasting clarity.
- SHREDWIDE – Shred’s industry-leading engineered design technology, with a lens and frame design that enables to see more of what’s ahead and around you.
- NODISTORTION® – For visual clarity at all elevations, Shred’s
patent pendingNODISTORTION® technology uses a semi-permeable valve to equalize the pressure between the dual lens chamber and current atmospheric conditions
Snowboarding, snowmobiling, all snow sports, anyone wanting unmatched 360-degree peripheral vision in low light conditions.
Riders seeking superior peripheral vision; low or flat light vision.
Review Date and Location: November 2018 – January 2019 in Idaho & Wyoming
Last winter we worked with Shred on a series of reviews. I reviewed their Amazify
The Double Lens CBL Sky Mirror has been really impressive in every condition I’ve faced at Targhee this year so far. The mirror tint really does a great job of reflecting the sun’s rays on bluebird days and provides 100% UVA-UVB-UVC protection. But where this lens really excels is in the dense fog conditions. With 45% visible light transmission (VLT), more light passes through the lens aiding your vision. This combined with the CBL (contrast boosting lens) and Shreds
I’ve used this lens in whiteout, foggy conditions and on bluebird days. I never felt like I needed a different lens. If you ride in flat light or challenging conditions often,
- CBL (Contrast Boosting Lens) lens is one of the best I’ve used in low light
- Mirror finish works great on bluebird days
- Superb 360-degree peripheral vision
- Does not fog easily
|Style:||(4.8 / 5)|
|Construction:||(5.0 / 5)|
|Performance:||(4.8 / 5)|
|Overall:||(4.8 / 5)|