SHRED NOSHOCK Protective Pants Review
Shred went through a relaunch last January. Slytech, the protection gear line, is now incorporated into the SHRED line as an ingredient brand
Slytech Protective Pants NoShock from Shred are a snowboard and ski protection garment featuring SLYTECH NOSHOCK technology for complete lower body protection. The lower back and coccyx paddings can be removed to maximise comfort when using a Back Protector.
Tested – SHRED NOSHOCK Protective Pants Review:
color: black (one color)
size: medium 32-34 inches
Features from SHRED:
- SLYTECH 2ND SKiN XT – Proprietary foam that intelligently and progressively adapts to different forces and impact speeds for thorough protection-even in low energy crashes. Simply put, it stays flexible when you ride, then hardens and protects you when you crash
NOSHOCK– Patent pending honeycomb cone structure that further increases the performance of both safety and comfort of the proprietary Slytech 2ND SKiN XT foam, reduces weight and promotes ventilation
- HARDWARE FREE – Hard plastic can cause injury, even if it’s only a strap adjuster. We chose to eliminate any possible hard plastic components from our products
- PROGRESSIVE IMPACT INTELLIGENCE – Our protectors intelligently and progressively adapt to the different energies and speeds of impact to always provide complete protection
- TOXIC FREE – Our protectors are completely Formamide free, non-allergenic and don’t contain harmful substances
Anyone looking for extra protection/cushioning to soften the blow of most falls.
Review Date and Location:
January 2019 – April 2019 in Wyoming
Taking heavy slams in the park or on icy slopes can definitely take its toll on your body. I was looking for something to protect my knees that was low profile and non restrictive. Chris and I are big fans of the SHRED NOSHOCK shorts, so I was really intrigued by their NOSHOCK protective pants. The pants take all the great features from the shorts and incorporate a kneepad. These pants fit true to size, so be sure to check the size guide on SHRED’s site.
The kneepad is made from the 2nd Skin XT Foam and is shaped to fit the contours of your knee. It does extend below the knee a bit to provide a bit of upper shin protection. The knee padding does feel a bit bulky but does not restrict movement. As with the
Overall if I am planning to work on park skills, I put on these pants. They definitely add a confidence factor and prevent the dreaded day ending slam.
- fits true to size
- protective pads are arranged well to maximize protection where it counts
- easy to adjust and wash
- can be a bit warm
- knee pad can feel a bit bulky
|Price:||(4.0 / 5)|
|Performance:||(5.0 / 5)|
|Design:||(5.0 / 5)|
|Overall:||(4.7 / 5)|